Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Stop Comparing

Reasons why it's dumb to compare yourself to other people

1. God created YOU to be YOU.
If He wanted you to be someone else, he would have created 2 of that person-which he has never done and will never do.
Ephesians 2:10 (New Living Translation) For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.


2. God don't make junk.(I know about the grammatical error)
If you are trying to be someone else, you are telling God-Hey, you messed up with me, so I am going to make me better by being them. Trust me-God knew what He was doing when He made You. Your job is to be the best YOU for HIM.
Psalm139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well

3. Comparing yourself will leave you prideful or depressed.
If you are focused on others ( in the wrong way), you are not focused on God. Whatever you focus on is magnified. Focus on Jesus and He will be magnified. Put Him first. Realize that God made everyone different.Just be YOU!
Matt 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

MY STORY
Trust me-I know all this because I have had to tell myself this several times. I remember in high school, college, and even my first year of ministry, trying to mimic other people because of their status, popularity, or success. Once I let go, and started being myself-I realized how free it is to be yourself AND SO MUCH EASIER!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am Thankful for how I was made. God don't make junk!!

Post a Comment