Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, March 29, 2010

Inside Out

"But the LORD said to Samuel, 'Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart.'"

I Samuel 16:7 (ESV)


So often we humans look at what we can see on the outside—beauty, talents, smarts and such. God sees straight to the heart—motives, intent and character.


1. His measuring stick is far more accurate and important than ours. So many spend countless hours and dollars perfecting the former while completely ignoring the latter. God's Word to us is clear. Who we are inside is really who we are.

2. His surprising stick is far more accurate and important than ours. Have you ever been astounded when someone you know changed their life around for God, or a "loser" that ended up being a "winner"? I think again-God see's the heart. He knows that people look on the outside for their faults and failures. But, God sees their heart healing. He uses their faults to bring Him glory.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 says "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

3. Remember-live your life from the inside out-not outside in.
There is a song that goes

A thousand times I've failed

Still your mercy remains

And should I stumble again

Still I'm caught in your grace


Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades

Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

my heart and my soul, Lord I give you control

Consume me from the inside out Lord

Let justice and praise become my embrace

To love You from the inside out


Let's live our life loving God from the inside out.


If someone could see your heart like God does, what would they say?

If you could change something about your heart, what would it be?

Are you as "great" as you think you are?

Would you be content if you looked different, had different skills, not as many friends?



Give me your feedback! Also, check out KidPointe ministries at crosspointechurch.tv/ministries.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment