Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Complaining leads to disobedience.


Yes, we have all done it from time to time....we have complained. Things don’t go our way and we are complaining about this and whining about that. We make excuses. Yet the Bible clearly says that complaining is a sin. It shows an attitude that you are ungrateful and bitter. It often tests God’s patience.

1 Corinthians 10:10 - And do not grumble, as some of them did—and were killed by the destroying angel. (NIV)

While the Bible says that complaining is a sin, it also states that it can lead to further disobedience. Along with complaining comes the game of self-pity.
If you complain too much or focus on all the negative things, you can lose sight of all the good things God does in your life.
This can lead to an attitude where you lose faith and cause others to lose faith, too.
Psalm 106:25 - They grumbled in their tents and did not obey the LORD. (NIV)

As I read this, I think about the Israelites. They were rescued from slavery and was promised to see the promisedland. BUT-they complained about everything! They did not ask nicely-they were whiny. They whined for food, God gave them food. They whined that the food wasn't the "right" kind of food. God gave them meat. They complained about the meat and wanted figs....you get my point.
Then, I honestly had to look back and ask myself-do I do that? Do I complain about things when I have been set free from a life -condemned to hell? Do I complain when I am promised a life of eternity with God in Heaven? I am not saying that God is going to strike me dead for complaining and is never going to let me enter Heaven...that is not biblical. What I AM saying is that sometimes we need to ask ourselves-why am I complaining again?

I am not saying that God doesn't care about your problems. He clearly does. I Peter 5:7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

There is a difference between complaining to others and giving your worries to God or others.
The key is being content in all circumstances.

Philippians 4:10-13 (NKJV) But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. 11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Have you complained about not having something that you really want? Do you realize that when you get to heaven, you wont be able to take that with you?
God is saying, it doesn’t matter as much as you think.
Paul was in prison when he was saying all this. He was thrown in jail...how many of you have been in jail? Not many of us! Paul didn't have the latest T.V. shows recorded, he didn't have the best food all the time, he didn't get to do whatever he wanted-He was in prison. He said that he has learned to be content,to be happy with what you have, no matter if he has a lot or not much at all.

I pray that I can learn to be as content as Paul...I hope you can too! :)
Will you start trying to be content with what you have?

To learn more about my life and ministry see http://www.crosspointechurch.tv/ministries.html

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on, great post!!!

Carie Cash said...

Thank you. I am learning this as I go! It is nice to know that God is always there, but it's nice to know that we need a kick in the bottom to stop complaining, and starting obeying. Contentment and godliness is great gain!

Anonymous said...

truer must an Okie word, not in my dictionary, But as usual great lesson on this post.

Post a Comment