Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why God Why?

That's it-the why question. How many of us ask God or ourselves WHY things are happening? Why did you let me date someone that was going to break up with me? Why am I sick? Why did my parents get divorced? Why are finances so tight? Why is our family so messed up? Why is work so stressful? Why do I struggle with this sin so much? Why do I feel lost? Why does it feel like no one knows what I am going through?

TRUTH: YOU WILL NEVER KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THE WHY'S
We like to be in control. We like to know why things are happening and the solution to it to make it better. We want to know why we are going through what we are going through.

You might as well just face the facts that you are NOT in control over yourself. The more you spend time trying to figure out the WHY-the longer you will stay in that trial. God is smart enough and loves you enough to do what is best. Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.


TRUTH: GOD KNOWS ALL THE ANSWERS TO YOUR WHY'S.
This is a simple verse, but revolutionary if we start living this way:
Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.”

Where am I going with this? Well honestly, this truth is something that cannot be read and be done with. It is a lifestyle change. It is saying daily, God You know best. You know the reasons why everything is happening. I may not understand why, but I know You do-and I KNOW YOU. You are saying to God, I trust you enough to obey you even when I don't know why or when I don't feel like it.


TRUTH: ASK WHAT INSTEAD OF WHY.
Sometimes, we ask the wrong question to God. We ask "why God is this happening?", instead of "What can I learn from this?". I am not saying that you have to be fake with God and convince yourself that you are Hunky Dorey when you are not. I am saying that you will get the most out of trials if you start asking God-what can you learn from this instead of why this is happening.
It changes your perspective into being a criticizer into a maximizer. The more open we are to what God is trying to teach us, the more we will get out of the trial.

How can you make changes in your life to start living you life like a maximizer? How can we stop being the criticizer?

For more info about me and my ministry, check out http://crosspointechurch.tv/ministries.html




0 comments:

Post a Comment