Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Art of Trusting God

Trusting God-easy to say, difficult to do. Easy to do for a day, difficult to do for your life.
How many of you can say-THAT IS ME!!!

When I start making plans for myself, my future, my career, my spouse (or lack of), my money, my living situations, my family-sooner or later-you have to ask yourself, "What does God say? Is this His Plan or is this my plan?"

Things we do to feel trust

1. Make plans with God. This may sound good, but its not. Let me give you an example. Ok God-I think we should do this. So, please make that happen. God, you said that you will give whatever we ask for, so...I am waiting. OK-there is some truth to that. Yes, God says ask and it shall be given. But, the way we approach Him is not right. It reminds me of a little girl that TELLS her mom. Mom-you said that you love me and if you love me, you will take me to the store and buy me candy. So, I am waiting mom. That is just not true and it is not right! God does love us, but He loves us to know what is best for us. We don't know what is best for us!

2. Make plans without God. This one is obvious, but we do it so often! I caught myself doing it this week. I have a plan in mind that I think sounds like a great plan. I tell my friends about it, family about it, journal about it...Then, I have a friend that asks me this humbling question-Have you prayed about it? Have you asked God about it? My heart sank! I said to myself-I am a Christian, good Christian at that(ha), and I didn't even ask God what He thinks. I didn't ask or seek His advice. All of us do it.Don't use that an an excuse. Don't stay there. Correct yourself. Remind yourself who YOU are and who HE is.

3. Make plans and give them to God.
This I believe is healthy. For me, this is saying, "God, I want Your will, not mine. I am praying for.... If this is your will, please reveal it to me. Please let it be if it is Your Will". When you give your plans over to God, you are showing Him that He is in control, not you. You are showing Him that you trust Him, not yourself. After all, the Bible says in Jeremiah 17:9 that the heart is deceitful above all things, desperately wicked, who can know it? Only God can know our hearts. He knows what is best for our lives.

He is in the just-in-time business. He is never early or late-He is always on time!


I am learning to trust God with things that are hard to do. I slip into the mindset of "if I think about it, or plan, or control,...then I realize-Where is God in this plan of mine? Pro 21:30 There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.


Proverbs 3:5-6 (New International Version)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.


I challenge you to memorize this, say this, and meditate on this scripture! The more you make it apart of who you are, the more you will start living this verse out! I want to trust God with everything. Don't you?

To learn more about me and KidPointe Ministry, check out crosspointechurch.tv/ministries.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment