Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, April 5, 2010

Don't let Circumstances dictate your life

So, I went to the CA Highway Patrol this morning. The reason is NOT because of a car accident,speeding ticket, or any other reason comparable that that lol. I recently bought a car with salvage title, and if you buy a car with a salvage title, you have to go to the CA Highway Patrol for some paperwork. (Long story condensed)

Well, I had been there already a couple of days ago, but left disgruntled because I had to come back. I didn't want to come back. I wanted to be done. The office was NOT close and was not available convenient hours for the average hard working citizen.

Saying that, like I said, I went this morning. On the way, I called my mom and was telling her how upset I am going to be if I have to come back. Wait in Line. Again. Waste my gas. Again. Sign more paperwork. Again. Make another phone call .Again.

I know what you are thinking...You would feel the same way. Or you are very much more spiritual than I am, and are thinking, just go with the flow. Get a hold of yourself...I know, I should be like that, but I am not.

Good News-everything went as smooth as possible. I got there at 8:04am and was back in my car by 8:27am. Great Day! I was happy as could be! Music was loud, praising Jesus in the car, smiling and waving to the cars, letting people in...you get the idea. Good car Samaritan.

THEN, I started thinking about this-Would I have been in that great of an attitude if it took a little longer than usual? If I had to come back another time? Waste more gas? Wait for awhile?

Truth is, while I was in my car today, driving back, I couldn't answer that question, and be satisfied with an answer.

I realized that I was depending on the outcome of a circumstance to see if I was going to have a good day or not.

How often do we have a "bad" or "good" day based off of our circumstances? I know I have, all the time. Whether it's a date gone well, dinner gone bad, great idea failed,game lost,or a wonderful surprise in the mail.

Circumstances do not dictate your life or who you are.

If circumstances don't dictate your life, what does? What dictates your life?
Please give me your feedback! I would like to hear it!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment