Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Suffering

Friends, this came straight from my journal this morning. I keep reading the same things and keep finding out that order in the Bible is so cool!! And important!


God, the more I read Your Word, the more I realize that suffering is not an option. Actually, it is almost like, more suffering, the better. I am getting the feeling that is true. As I look at people I admire, they went through many hardships to get them where they are at right now.

I Thessalonians 5:16-18

16 Be joyful always. We are supposed to be joyful always. I see a reoccurring pattern here. Even though days may be hard, we are supposed to be joyful through it!

17 Pray Continually. Pray all the time. Instead of worrying, pray! Nothing ever comes out of worrying. You are not going to get it done faster, it can make yourself physically sick, and it is a sin! So, just pray whenever you feel anything. Put a reminder on your phone if you have to. Use post-its. Have it in your outlook program or your file-a-fax. Praying brings peace during trials.

18 Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. In trials, as hard as it may be, you MUST thank God for them. Why? Because God would not allow it to happen if he didn't need to teach you something. Trials bring us closer to God. Why? Because we realize that nothing else can bring us true peace than God himself. Relationships won't. Money won't. Jobs won't. Kids won't. Even ministry won't. Only God and God alone can bring us peace. So, when you are in a trial, say out loud. God, I thank you for this trial, because I know this is Your will for me! It is God's Will for you to suffer and have trials. Sometimes, it is the only way we will listen to Him. It is up to us to respond to the trial with joy, prayer, and thankfulness-knowing that this is God's will for us.

 

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment