Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Leadership

21 Questions Leaders MUST Wrestle With!

I got this from a Pastor named Perry Noble...good stuff!

#1 – Do I understand who I am? James 1:1 – notice James didn’t identify himself as the brother of Jesus…but rather His servant! WOW!

#2 – Do I understand that ministry IS NOT easy? James 1:2-4 (when the writer BEGINS with these verses that’s a big time sign!)

#3 – Do I understand that I should spend more time on my face before God rather than worshipping the FACEBOOK God when seeking direction? James 1:5

#4 – Do you think that James is trying to get a point across…it’s not going to be easy…but we are called to be “in it to win it!” James 1:12

#5 – Do I understand it’s not IF I am tempted, but when…and IF I give into it then something WILL die? James 1:13-15

#6 – Do I understand that I am NOT THAT GOOD…that everything is a gift? James 1:16-18

#7 – HOW many bad decisions, arguments and misunderstandings could be avoided if we all simply memorized and applied James 1:19-20? (Also see James 1:26)

#8 – Do I understand I am not called just to preach the Word…but live it? James 1:22

#9 – Do I understand that showing favoritism WILL be a temptation…but I must always war against it? James 2:1-4

#10 – Do I understand that I am called to live and lead by faith…and if I am not taking steps of faith in my life and ministry then my faith is DEAD? James 2:14-26

#11 – Do I understand the weight of James 3:1? WOW!!!

#12 – Do I fully understand that when I become envious and selfish then that is simply the beginning of the end? James 3:13-18

#13 – Do I have the proper motives in regards to leading this ministry? James 4:1-3

#14 – Am I being opposed by God or is He offering me grace? James 4:6

#15 – Am I using my platform (whether it is speaking or the internet) to falsely attack, accuse and twist people’s words around? James 4:11-12

#16 – Do I understand my days are numbered, that I’ve got one shot at this life and I need to do all that I can to honor the One who called me? James 4:13-17

#17 – Do I understand that there are seasons of growth and seasons of preparation…and in those seasons of preparation I should not become impatient, but rather wait on God? James 5:7-8

#18 – Do I understand that integrity HAS to be a priority in my life and ministry? James 5:12

#19 – Do I understand that I cannot do this alone, that I need accountability in my life? James 5:16

#20 – Do I fully comprehend James 5:17-18…that Elijah was just like one of us? He literally called fire down from heaven! He prayed for rain…and it rained! I want THAT kind of faith!

#21 – Do I understand that ministry is messy…that I am called and expected to have tough conversations with the person that the Lord places on my heart, but in doing so the potential is unlimited? James 5:19-20

0 comments:

Post a Comment