Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hurry!

Well, this is a confession/blog/evaluation of my life...

Things you need to know about me.
1)I am impatient. I want things, and I want them now.
2)I don't like waiting for people.
3)I don't like being late.

Things you need to know that God is teaching me.
1)Wait.
2)Let God change people.
3)Let go.

If you look in Scripture,how many characters in the Bible got what they wanted right when they asked for it? The only one that I know is Solomon...and He asked for wisdom...

But, think about the hall of faith in Hebrews?
Noah-it took him FOREVER to build that Ark. Yet, He obeyed God, and his life was saved.
Abraham-God told him to go. He went. God said he would have a kid. But, he had to wait until he was great-grandpa age.
Joseph-He was told he was going to rule over his brothers. He waited until after he was sold as a slave and thrown into prison after being falsely accused.

So, after reading this, here is what I heard on the radio this morning RIGHT AS I TURN IT ON...
The best things in life take the longest to get.

I literally growled outloud as soon as I heard that. Frustrating and calming. Frustrating because I know that means I need to wait for something. Calming because I know that the longer I wait, the better it will be. Well I am hoping so at least.

So, here is what I have gathered from this...

1. Have faith to know that God knows what He is doing.
Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

2. Trust him enough to know His way is the best way.
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

3. Wait on Him knowing He has a plan and there is a reason for everything!
Psalm 27:14 Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say on the Lord.

4. PRAY!!
...I just read this in my email, so I copied and pasted it!...
There is nothing wrong with repeatedly asking for the same thing. As long as what you are praying for is within the will of God (1 John 5:14-15), keep asking until God grants your request or removes the desire from your heart. Sometimes God forces us to wait for an answer to our prayers in order to teach us patience and perseverance. Sometimes we ask for something when granting it is not yet in God's timing for our lives. Sometimes we ask for something that is not God's will for us, and He says “no.” Prayer is not only our presenting requests to God; it is God’s presenting His will to our hearts. Keep on asking, keep on knocking, and keep on seeking until God grants your request or convinces you that your request is not His will for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment