Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

God is greater than our hearts

To be completely honest, this blog is for me today. I need this.

Have you ever wondered why you feel a certain way, and wish you didn't? Ever had a "bla" day where you are not motivated? Don't care? Feel lost or misguided? Or perhaps just tired? Or maybe you feel emotional for no reason? Or you are irritable at everything and everyone?

I think we all can relate to one of those things. And even though you may only feel like that for a moment or a season in your life, how do you make the most of it and get over it?

1. Realize that God is greater than our hearts.
I John 3:20 even if our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.
Sometimes, I feel something and I think it must be true. But, in light of past experiences, you know that is definitely NOT true! God knows our hearts better than we do! God's word also says that our heart is deceitful( Jeremiah 17:9) and that we are supposed to guard our hearts above all else ( Proverbs 4:23). So, just know that if you don't understand why you are feeling or what you are feeling, you don't have to! Just trust God and know that HE IS GREATER THAN OUR HEARTS!

2. Realize that God cares more about your character than your comfort.For me, I thought I was going to marry 2 guys that I dated...and I didn't. I FELT as if it was going to work out and it didn't! Well, then I go through the break-up stage, which is horrible! lol but I know that God cares more about my character than comfort. Sure, I could have married those guys, but then I would not have been in God's will and WE ALL KNOW THAT IS A BAD IDEA! Again, trust God! He cares for us! He would not allow us to go though a trial if is wasn't for our benefit and for our character building.

Romans 5:3-4 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;perseverance, character; and character, hope.

3. Realize that God is everything you need. When you have unfulfilled longings, realize that God is the ONLY one that can fulfill those needs! Psalm 31:14-15 I trust in, rely, on, and am confident in You, O Lord: I say, You are my God. My times are in your hands.

HE LOVES YOU! RELY ON HIM!

4. Realize that without Him, your life will crumble.
Lean into God when life is hard. Don't run. You cannot run from God. You might as well run to Him. Whatever you do, realize that your life is nothing with God. Look around you and you will see broken, lost, helpless people without HOPE in ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA. Then, you will go to a foreign country and see people with no clean water, no food, but they have the HOPE of JESUS CHRIST and an eternal life to look forward to! Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

And the LORD will continually guide you, And satisfy your desire in scorched places, And give strength to your bones; And you will be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail. Isaiah 58:11


I am not into the pictures, but on this site, there are some AWESOME verses to help you realize who you are in Christ and WHO HE IS! Check it out.
http://www.squidoo.com/scripture-verses

Also, check out the church website!!!!http://www.crosspointechurch.tv/ministries.html

Love you guys! Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment