Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Follow your Heart?

In society today, you have all heard songs or people stating something like- you need to "listen to your heart", "follow your heart", if you "feel it" in your heart, it must be ok...

Scripture says the opposite.I think many times people think that their heart will guide and direct them to the "right" or "good" path. Even people that are Christians believe this is a good thing.

1. The Heart is Deceitful! Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?
You cannot trust what you "feel". Feelings were given by God and yes we do need to express our feelings at times, but they should not ever drive us. We don't make BIG decisions based on how we feel.
For example: If I want to lose weight, am I going to exercise when I "feel" like it? No-because I would end up being obese because I like to eat. I exercise because I KNOW it is good for me...

2. Guard your Heart! Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart for it it the wellspring of life.
Wow-I can think of time after time that I have not guarded my heart in relationships. I have given a guy my heart before he has given me a hello. Girls, you feelin' me here? (No pun intended). God says that ABOVE ALL ELSE. Not, when I think I should. Not when I feel like it. God says above all else guard your heart.

3. Give your heart to God.
If you think a feeling is from God, then pray about it and give it to God! He knows that feeling if He is the one that put it there. Check with God. Ask: Is this from You God? Or is it not?

Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Deuteronomy 6:5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

1 Kings 8:17 "My father David had it in his heart to build a temple for the Name of the Lord, the God of Israel....He had it in his heart. God gave it to him. It wasn't a feeling. It was a God given vision.

Psalm 16:7 I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.

Psalm 26:2 Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind;

Luke 10:27 He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind';


Get it? :)

Trust me, I don't. I am learning this!

To check out KidPointe www.crosspointechurch.tv/ministries.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment